Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Collective We and a Thank You

The collective 'We'? Huh?

For the most part, I, Eden, run A Moment of Zen by myself.  I spend most days here on my own doing the daily store activities and coming up with new ideas and dreams for the shop.  Okay, so what?  What is the point?  Why am I writing any of this? Well, I wanted to take a moment and mention the collective 'We' and offer some clarification and insight.

So who is this 'We' I keep mentioning? I've said it a few times in this article, and almost every time I post on facebook, twitter, google+, etc... Who on earth am I talking about and why should you care?  Well, if you are reading this, you are most likely part of the collective 'We' that helps make A Moment of Zen what it is.  This mysterious group of individuals consists of many. Whether it is someone that has volunteered their time in the shop as an associate, or someone that helped me move things around, you are part of the 'We'.  Although not a permanat member of my team, or holding any financial interest or claims to this business, you have been instrumental in making this place what it is and continues to be.  If you made some awesome graphics, offered advice on product placement, helped me find this location, or just plain ol took out my trash, you helped. 

If you are still reading and wondering again, why should I care? Why is she writing this?  To get down to the nitty gritty, it is to say thank you.  Whether you were here for a while or a fleeting moment, your presence made a difference.  Some interactions were amazing and some were harsh lessons, but none the less they sculpted this business and continue to help it grow.

If you are a customer and have done nothing more that browse and shop, don't think even for a second that you are ever unappreciated. Although not necessarily a part of this 'We' (though some of you are), you are the life blood of any business and to not acknowledge you is an invitation to failure.  All my customers are valued with high regard. I thank you and appreciate you more than you ever will know. 

So to wrap it up, yes, I am the sole owner and operator of A Moment of Zen, but, with lots of behind the scenes wonderful folks, sharing their time and energy to help make this place possible. For that I am eternally thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment